The contract was awarded in June to the firm of Worley Parsons. To date, the following has been completed:
- Review of the previous condition assessment report and resent work completed at the marina. - Climatic and Metocean Surveys for the marina.
- Additional scope of work to prepare a Bathymetric Survey of the marina to understand the water depths and estimated sediment that has been deposited over the years since the previous dredging.
- Engineering reviews of the water and fire alarm systems
- Wave analysis
- Analysis of the existing 15 amp electrical service, feasibility of upgrading, and consideration of 30 amp service for parts of the marina.
- Concept for float replacement.
- Consideration for dredging. (will require additional environmental review, soil testing, and disposal costs)
Additional work already completed:
- New 10 foot high, heavier guage chain-link perimeter fence along back of parking area.
- New intruder alarm security devices in portions of the marina building.
- New CCTV cameras installed, and in process of being put into operation.
The consultant team is to complete a site analysis of the issues and will attend a meeting with the user group (survey) to understand the user group's desires, aspirations and vision for the marina’s infrastructure and to consider the short, medium and long-term future strategies. The consultant team will develop a workable schematic strategy for further engagement from your group for feedback this summer.